Getting married in Thailand as an American involves a few important steps. Here’s some useful information:

1. Affirmation of Freedom to Marry**: Visit the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok to obtain an “Affirmation of Freedom to Marry” or a “Single Status Certificate.” You’ll need to schedule an appointment for this couple weeks in advance. 

2. **Translation**: Have the “Affirmation of Freedom to Marry” translated into Thai by an official translation service. 

3. **Legalization**: Get the translated document legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Thailand. This step verifies the authenticity of the translation.

4. **Visit Local District Office**: Take all your documents, including the legalized Affirmation, to the local District Office (Amphur) where you plan to get married. This is where the actual marriage registration takes place. ( with our service we can help Expedited this process from 2 months to 5 days) 

5. **Marriage Certificate**: After the ceremony, you’ll receive your Thai marriage certificate. Ensure that this certificate is translated into English, as you may need it for various purposes.

Updated information regarding a German marrying a Thai wife in Thailand. It’s good to know that, in this specific case, apostilling the marriage certificates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not required. However, it is still advisable to have the certificates translated into German by an authorized translator. Remember to consult with the German embassy for any additional requirements or specific instructions related to your situation. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information to ensure a successful process.

For our marriage service, please contact us for a free initial no-obligation consultation. (Make sure to book an appointment before coming to our office)

We look forward to hearing from you via any of the following methods:
Angie and Team

Tel: (+66)094-562-9261
Line: angie2559
WhatsApp: (+66)094-562-9261
WeChat: Angie2259